Monday, February 16, 2009

What I did on my day off..

Today is President's Day, which meant I had the day off work. My children's daycare was open so I had an entire day to myself. YAY!

Here's what I did with my day off...

I made a square for the Bushfire Quilt Project.

It turned out a hair small, so I made a second.

Then I made a little thank-you gift for a friend out of an old T-shirt. Zippers are fairly new to me, so I am proud of my little bag.

Finally I made a series of crayon rolls for the shop. I LOVE this fabric and have a little bit of each left over. I also have a yard of the coordinating robot print, but I decided it was too big a print from crayon rolls.

I finished 5 of the rocket crayon rolls and cut 5 more out of a girly kitty fabric.

It was a completely wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. I love the cat print in the blue star! Those blocks are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a couple of these crayon rolls for gifts last year. Yours rolls are adorable! Cute fabric, and I love the button & elastic fastener.

    The wonky star blocks for Bushfire Project are on today's agenda. If I get through with the baby quilt I'm working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect way to spend your day off :-)

    Your star blocks are fab and I just love that retro print in the centre of the blue one!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete