Tuesday, February 24, 2009

bee inspired


I've gone and done it now! I've signed up for a virtual quilting bee. If you're reading this blog you probably know what that means, but if you don't here's how it works: There are 18 of us participating. Each of us have one month that is "ours." Some months have two people. When it's your month, you mail a bundle of fabric to the other participants with some basic guidelines. Everyone makes you a block and mails it back, and suddenly you have enough blocks for a quilt! The other months you get fabric and make a block to send to the others. Sounds like a lot of fun, right? I'm a little bit nervous (what if they are all better than me???) and a a lot excited. It's all run through flickr instead of a central blog. There aren't many pictures up now, but as the bee gets going you'll be able to see them at the bee inspired group. Mine, of course, you'll see here.

6 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued!! I don't think I'll be signing up any time soon (you have fears of people sewing better than you????), but I can't wait to see what it's all about (through you, of course).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay me too! I have to admit I am a little nervous too but very excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww.
    don't be nervous!!!
    you'll LOVE it.
    promise.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trish, compared to some of the bloggers out there, i am a complete novice!

    Natasha, thanks for stopping by. We can be nervous together!

    Rachel, thanks for doing all the hard work. I've been wanting to join one of these forever. I can't wait to get my first set of fabric. Yours, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Hawaii I discovered the Hawaiian quilt designs and I am in love!! Have you seen them before...have you ever done any applique work? *Sigh* I need to just calm down!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trish! Move to South Dakota and we will quilt together. I think it'd be a blast.

    I am going to check out these Hawaiian designs. I haven't appliqued any quilts before, but I am buiding my courage.

    ReplyDelete