Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bushfire Quilt Project

(Image posted to flickr by abxkris)


With the heartbreaking news of the fires in Austrailia, lots of bloggers are looking for ways that they can help. Rachel at p.s. i quilt posted about this project yesterday, and I wanted to repost for the 3 people who read my blog.






About Bushfire Quilt Project


Bushfire Quilt ProjectThis group is for
those of you interested in giving to the devastated people of Victoria,
Australia. As you have probably seen on the news the Bushfire destruction has
been widespread. With a death toll rising to nearly 200 with countless loss of
pets, and livestock and the priceless loss of precious memories left behind for
the inferno to engulf. I am proposing we, the Quilters of Flickr, give something
to these dear people so they can wrap themselves in our love and prayers as they
return to rebuild.

If interested you will make a 12” quilt block or two and send it to me,
where I will assemble the quilt tops, quilt them up and send them on to their
recipients. I will be working with the quilt guild here in town and my son’s
school to make sure they reach the proper channels. We are stationed in
Australia, so you will be sending your quilt blocks to an APO address which is
just like sending something to San Francisco (or anywhere else in the US).

The quilt block I am proposing is a maverick or wonky star on a white,
light or cream background. That is it…too easy. Here is a tutorial from
Quiltville if you are not familiar with this technique. quiltville.com/maverickstars.shtml

Thank you so much for your time and attention!

Xo,Tia





I'm planning to join the group and make a few of those myself. Why don't you join to?


Bushfire Quilt Group on flickr

The tutorial on how to make that lovely block is here.

2 comments:

  1. Love the liberated stars, Lisa! The fires are unbelievable and tragic. This sounds like a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for popping by my blog Lisa.:)

    I'll email you the button for the Bushfire Quilt flickr group.

    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete