Saturday, January 3, 2009

Calendar Quilt Challenge '09


Rachel of p.s. i quilt has tempted me into my first sewing challenge. This is a calendar quilt challenge, where you sew on one piece A DAY for the entire year (but she says it's ok to do it weekly, thank god.) The quilt itself will look a bit like the quilt I just completed for my aunt, 4 rows of stripes, but all from my stash so hopefully it'll be fun and not totally clashing by the end. The inspiration for this challenge comes from Pat Sloan's Favorite Techniques (scroll down to the bottom for a picture of her Calendar Quilt.) I am hoping that signing up for this will force me downstairs to sew at least a tiny bit every day.

2 comments:

  1. you can do it!!!
    thanks for signing up!!!
    {and for the shout out!!!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to know the ins and outs of quilting bees...not that this is a quilting bee...I just want to know.

    ReplyDelete