Friday, September 30, 2011

Product Development: Simple Stockings

One of the things I'd like to offer in the shop this fall is a simple stocking with little embellishment. I imagine it as an old-fashioned stocking that is elegant in it's simplicity. I came up with this light canvas stocking, with a little ruffled opening. The lining fabric has a lovely little bit of sheen to it, almost a silky feel.




I wanted the shape of the stocking to evoke an actual stocking, like you would wear. I tried to turn it in at the ankle and point the toe a bit.



The first few people I showed it to liked it.

The next few people hated it, said it was too rough, too country. Too plain.

I think it needs a little more tweaking, but over all, I do like it.  I imagine it with different colored linings, maybe a linen lining. I can also see it in a deep red corduroy with a crisp snowy white lining.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. For Christmas - the deep red or dark green or simple plaids would be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, really nice blog! :)
    I would like to invite you in my blog, there is a giveaway! You can win a kit of 4 OPI nailpolish of the new winter collection "Touring America." To participate go to this link:
    http://breakfastatkaty.blogspot.com/2011/09/opi-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete